Magic Leap, the most mysterious AR company, launched Magic Leap One AR glasses last year.
The current top three best AR glasses in the world have attracted the attention of a large number of developers. Magic Leap has launched a series of tools such as the Creator platform and Lumin SDK to help developers build AR applications and promote the development of the AR content market.
Since there are few articles about the development of Magic Leap glasses applications in China, we have compiled some Magic Leap One development tutorials for everyone according to the official API documentation and the feelings during the development process to help you understand the entire development process and quickly get started with AR glasses applications Development, everyone promotes the development of the entire AR content market.
Step 1: install tools
Magic Leap Package Manager is an independent desktop application, developers can easily install SDK packages, software tools and sample codes.
1. Download Package Manager Installer : https://creator.magicleap.com/downloads
2. Launch Magic Leap Package Manager. Find the package you want to install, and then select it. The package details are displayed on the right.
3. Select the version you want from the list of available versions, and then click the download icon on the far right. Continue to select any other packages to install.
4. When finished, click Apply changes in the status bar at the bottom .
Step 2: Magic Leap One equipment preparation
Email registration (Creator Portal: https://creator.magicleap.com/)
Wi-Fi connection is normal
2. Development environment settings
Creator Mode : Shows the creator settings on the device.
Allow untrusted sources?: Allow the device to load applications that have not been approved by Magic Leap. Note: The application must still be signed with the certificate of the Creator portal.
Enable MLDB Access : Use Magic Leap Debug Bridge (MLDB) to allow the device to communicate with the computer via USB or WiFi
Step 3: Obtain a developer certificate
1. There are two types of certificates:
Development : Use this certificate type to sign the application during the development process. Developers can generate up to two development certificates.
Submission : When the developer prepares to submit the application to Magic Leap World, use this certificate type to sign the application. Each application must use a unique submission certificate.
2. In the Magic Leap Creator Portal, click Publish> Certificates .
3. Click Create certificate or Add new .
4. Enter a name for the certificate
Download the privatekey.zip file at this time. If this file is misplaced, a new certificate will be generated. It takes a few minutes to generate the certificate. Periodically refresh the page until the certificate status changes from suspended to active.
5. After the certificate is generated, click the download button next to the certificate to download the .cert file.
6. Extract the .privkey file.
7. Move the .privkey and .cert files to the same folder.
After downloading the .privkey and .cert files and located in the same directory, you can sign the application.
Step 4: Choose a development platform
Lumin SDK provides APIs and frameworks covering different 3D engines and programming languages.
Developers can choose the development platform according to their own skills (the development articles in this series use the Unity platform by default).
Step 5: Open Simulator
1. Open Magic Leap Package Manager , select the required version of Lumin SDK , and click Use ML Remote.
2. In the Magic Leap Remote window, click Start Simulator.
3. At this time, an interactive window will appear, and you should see Leaper . You may also receive an error message (Cannot find room data). This can be ignored, the room data will be loaded next.
4. In the Magic Leap Remote window, confirm that the status of all components is green.
5. In the interactive window, click Load Virtual Room ... in this Mini Map window.
6. If necessary, you can navigate to the folder <Lumin SDK>> MagicLeap> mlsdk> v#.##.#> VirtualDevice> data> VirtualRooms> ExampleRooms .
7. Select Lounge.room , and click Open.
At this time, you have successfully launched Magic Leap Remote. No matter in the future development and learning, Remote is very important to us, and it is the prerequisite for us to develop wonderful AR glasses applications. This tutorial mainly introduces you to some basic preparations before developing Magic Leap applications. Later, relevant basic tutorials and practical development skills will be launched.
------AR Portal (AR Developer Community) finishing
Focus on micro-channel public number (AR developer community exchanges, providing dry AR development, promote the development of AR content): AR developer community